Just came across this contest on Booooooom.com, Check it out;
The idea of the project is to remake a famous work of art using photography. This photo by Sarah Hermans is a perfect example as it references Michelangelo’s “Creation of Adam” simply, and beautifully. Up for grabs is a copy of the entire Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection ($899).
1. This is a PHOTO project! I’m looking for photos only. This means no paintings, drawings, collages. The idea is to put all your creative energy into re-creating and re-staging the image. All the work here happens before you take the photo, rather than afterward.
2. Please refrain from adding special effects and other things to your image on your computer.
3. This isn’t a rule but if you want a bit of inspiration take a look at: Miranda July as movie extras.
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. Jump over to our (Booooooom.com’s) FACEBOOK PAGE.
2. Upload a photo to our wall.
3. Where it says “say something about this photo…” write the name of the famous work of art you have remade, and copy/paste this link: http://booo.ms/r46XWc
4. Hit the share button and you’re all done.
The best submissions will be posted in a gallery on Booooooom and one of you will walk away with the prize!
Deadline for submissions is October 21st 2011.”
Here is my personal favorite by Gizelle Griarte;