Following the success of the inaugural Art Brownie show in Toronto last November, we are launching Art Brownie RAINBOW 2012 – an exhibition that targets 1000+ pieces Art Brownie works by national and international artists. RAINBOW 2012 is now calling for world-wide artists employing different types of media to participate.
What is an Art Brownie?
A work of art on a spruce wooden block measuring 2.5 inch square, 1.5 inch in height. All artworks in the exhibition are in one standard format. We will provide each participating artist wood blocks as their canvases.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2012
Artwork Deadline: July 15, 2012
Exhibition date: July 28 to August 31, 2012
Exhibition preview: July 27 (Friday)
Exhibition grand opening: July 28 (Saturday)
Exhibition venue: INDEXG, 50 Gladstone Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Option A: $25 (two Brownies) + shipping fee $12
Option B: $50 (four Brownies) + shipping fee $20
No shipping fee if you pick up wood blocks from INDEXG
Entry fee includes the wood blocks, promotion, hanging, all exhibition expenses plus a link to your website. For international submission, please submit early to allow shipping time. Depending on your location, the wooden blocks may take two weeks or more to arrive.
• The concept is totally fun, easy and well received.
• World-wide participation creates greater network and energy to attract collectors.
• Based on the Modular/molecular concept, collectors may acquire more pieces to expand their collections.
• On going promotion through our weekly e-zine TORONTO ARTPOST and MONDAY ARTPOST.
• Repeat exposure of your web link in the Art Brownie official website.
• Your work may also be promoted in our affiliated sites.
• Beside being part of the group exhibition, an award will be given to the most outstanding entry chosen by our selection committee. The winner will receive a solo Art Brownie exhibiton at INDEXG, plus his/her own feature Art Brownie ebook for world-wide free distribution
Terms and Specifications
• All Art Brownies in the exhibition are to be displayed (hung) on the wall. Art Brownies that are more sculptural (with add-ons to the block), cannot exceed a measurement of 4×4 inch, height 2.25 inch. Artworks that do not meet the criteria might be excluded from the exhition. Have an Interesting concept that doesn’t fit? Consult with us first. An additional fee may apply.
• Retail price: the artist can decide on the selling price ranging from $30 to over $100, with a price cap on $300 per artwork.
• Pieces sold in the exhibition are subject to 50% gallery commission. Artist will receive payment through PayPal within 30 days of the sale.
• Unsold Brownies will remain in the shop for a year, or to be brought to other venues for further retail opportunities. After one year, artists will be notified to pick up their Brownies at our shop, or by mail at the artist’s cost. Please note that after the collection deadline, uncollected Art Brownies will become property of the gallery.
• Artist agrees and grants us full right for using the Art Brownie image on our official and affiliated websites for all promotional purposes.
Hand-delivered Brownies may be submitted anytime during gallery hours at INDEXG, TORONTO, Wednesday to Sunday, 1 to 6 pm.
Artwork submitted by mail must be addressed to:
RAINBOW 2012 Submission
50 Gladstone Avenue
M6J 3K6, Canada
Please note the following submission steps, you will need to have:
1. Your website or an URL address for our committee to view your work.
2. Payment of entry fee by credit card or your PayPal account.
(Entry fee is redeemable to unsuccessful applicants)